The GLSBB™ (GE Council Certified Lean Six Sigma Black Belt™) is the highest professional certification in industry. GLSBB™ is senior professional who have successfully completed lean six sigma projects which resulted in quantifiable results like cost reduction, increase in revenue or customer satisfaction. GLSBB™ is not only expected to have practical skills in managing projects but also should have strong business acumen. GLSBB™ is expected to work directly with the senior leadership / board of the organization for aligning improvement initiatives with strategic goals. GLSBB™ is also expected to mentor, coach and guide green belt and yellow belts under him. GLSBB™ may be working under guidance from Master Black Belt.
- The GLSBB certification exam consists of 100 multiple-choice questions
- The duration of GLSBB™ certification exam is 5 hours
- The minimum passing score for GLSBB™ certification exam is 65%
- The GLSBB™ exam cost is 365 $
GE Council Lean Six Sigma Black Belt Exam is open book as guided by Bloom’s Taxonomy, you are tested for your Hands -On Practical Experience but not for your memory
The GLSBB™ certification is valid for 3 years, also known as “Certification Cycle”. Certification cycle ensures that the certification holder still holds the level of knowledge required as GLSBB™. The certification renewal fee for GLSBB™ is 160 $
After completion of certification cycle in 3 years, you must renew your certification by either recertification exam or filing PDUs.
Certification Renewal with certificating exam
This option is suitable for those candidates who were not able to practice the knowledge gained as GLSBB™. The certificating exam has 50 multiple-choice questions and duration of exam is 3 hours. The passing score for GLSBB™ certificating exam is 65%.
The certification renewal exam has no fee, you only need to pay certification renewal fee of 120 $
Certification Renewal with filing Professional Development Units (PDUs)
You can file your Professional Development Units (PDUs) for certificating. One professional development unit is equal to one hour spent on GE Council’s authorized activities for professional development units. You need to report minimum 70 PDUs during certification cycle for certification renewal of GLSBB™.
Following is the list of authorized activities :
- Delivering or receiving instructor lead, online training or informal learning on lean six sigma and related topics
- Design content, presentations or other verifiable materials on lean six sigma and related topics
- Active participation in organizational meetings focused on lean six sigma and related topics
- Reading books on lean six sigma and related topics
- Pro bono consulting, volunteer work related to lean six sigma and related topics
- Contributing or leading lean six sigma projects OR tasks involving verifiable use of lean six sigma tools
- Coaching, mentoring or guiding others on lean six sigma and related topics
You can report your PDUs any time during the certification cycle, however you are encouraged to report PDUs as soon as you obtain them. You must provide all available evidence in form of documents, pictures, links to video recording etc for supporting your PDUs claim. GE Council has the right to either accept or reject the claimed PDUs, however if you have supported your PDUs claim with sufficient evidence then they are highly likely to be accepted.
Suspension of Certification
After completion of certification cycle (3 years), your certification status will become In-Active. You must go through certificating within 90 days from completion of your certification cycle. After this grace period of 90 days, your certification is suspended and you must reappear in GLSBB™ certification exam as new candidate.
Transfer of Certification
If you are already Lean Six Sigma Green Belt certified from any other accreditation company, you may apply for transfer of certification directly without the need for going through a certification exam. You must provide your existing certificate.Your certification cycle will start once GE Council has issued you with certification and certificating conditions apply similarly on you. You existing certification will also remain valid after the transfer.
The fee for certification transfer is 70 $
Requirements for Certification
A university degree in any discipline is required
- Minimum 5 years of professional experience is required
- You must have completed at least two black belt level projects