The GLSGB ™ (GE Council Certified Lean Six Sigma Green Belt™) is a professional who can design and run small to medium scaled lean six sigma projects under supervision of black belt / master black belt or may be independently. The GLSGB™ is also expected to have practical experience of designing and managing the improvement initiative as “project”. GLSGB™ is someone who is able to align six sigma project’s goals with overall business goals. GLSGB™ is also expected to clearly define the soft and hard savings from the project in coordination with project sponsor and senior leadership.
- The GLGSB™ certification exam consists of 80 multiple-choice questions
- The duration of GLGSB ™ certification exam is 5 hours
- The minimum passing score for GLGSB™ certification exam is 65%
- The GLGSB™ exam cost is 235 $
GE Council Lean Six Sigma Green Belt Exam is open book as guided by Bloom’s Taxonomy, you are tested for your Hands -On Practical Experience but not for your memory
The GLSGB™ certification is valid for 3 years, also known as “Certification Cycle”. Certification cycle ensures that the certification holder still holds the level of knowledge required as GLSGB™.
The certification renewal fee for GLSGB™ is 120 $
After completion of certification cycle in 3 years, you must renew your certification by either recertification exam or filing PDUs.
Certification Renewal with recertification exam
This option is suitable for those candidates who were not able to practice the knowledge gained as GLSGB™. The recertification exam has 40 multiple-choice questions and duration of exam is 3 hours. The passing score for GLSGB™ recertification exam is 65%.
The certification renewal exam has no fee, you only need to pay certification renewal fee of 120 $
Certification Renewal with filing Professional Development Units (PDUs)
You can file your Professional Development Units (PDUs) for recertification. One professional development unit is equal to one hour spent on GE Council’s authorized activities for professional development units. You need to report minimum 50 PDUs during certification cycle for certification renewal of GLSGB™.
Following is the list of authorized activities :
- Delivering or receiving instructor lead, online training or informal learning on lean six sigma and related topics
- Design content, presentations or other verifiable materials on lean six sigma and related topics
- Active participation in organizational meetings focused on lean six sigma and related topics
- Reading books on lean six sigma and related topics
- Pro bono consulting, volunteer work related to lean six sigma and related topics
- Contributing or leading lean six sigma projects OR tasks involving verifiable use of lean six sigma tools
- Coaching, mentoring or guiding others on lean six sigma and related topics
You can report your PDUs any time during the certification cycle, however you are encouraged to report PDUs as soon as you obtain them. You must provide all available evidence in form of documents, pictures, links to video recording etc for supporting your PDUs claim. GE Council has the right to either accept or reject the claimed PDUs, however if you have supported your PDUs claim with sufficient evidence then they are highly likely to be accepted.
Suspension of Certification
After completion of certification cycle (3 years), your certification status will become In-Active. You must go through recertification within 90 days from completion of your certification cycle. After this grace period of 90 days, your certification is suspended and you must reappear in GLSGB™ certification exam as new candidate.
Transfer of Certification
If you are already Lean Six Sigma Green Belt certified from any other accreditation company, you may apply for transfer of certification directly without the need for going through a certification exam. You must provide your existing certificate.Your certification cycle will start once GE Council has issued you with certification and recertification conditions apply similarly on you. You existing certification will also remain valid after the transfer.
The fee for certification transfer is 60 $
Requirements for Certification
A university degree in any discipline is required
- Minimum 3 years of professional experience is required
- You must have contributed or lead at least 2 green belt level projects